Research and Development Associate, Diagnostic Devices
Reports to Director of Research and Development
Pria Diagnostics is a start-up company developing medical diagnostics based on integrated optical, electrical, and microfluidic components. We are looking for a motivated, creative technician who is dexterous with intricate components and innovative with assemblies.
As part of the product development team, you will be responsible for the assembly of prototype diagnostic devices, from procuring materials and managing sources to machining parts and assembling prototypes. You will work independently, yet in close contact with the rest of the research and development team.
The ideal candidate is a highly independent problem solver and excited to work in a fast-paced start-up environment on multiple projects within milestone-driven timelines.
- 10 years experience in medical diagnostics, life sciences, or a related field
- Familiar with the tools and techniques of a machine shop
- Good grasp of different materials and technologies used in the biomedical field
- Solid understanding of CAD, preferably SolidWorks
- Experience with microstructures and microfluidics is a plus
- Experience with polymer fabrication, bonding, and surface modification is a plus
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the subject line Research and Development Associate in your email.