Reports to Director of Research and Development
Pria Diagnostics is a start-up company developing medical diagnostics based on integrated optical, electrical, and microfluidic components. We are seeking a scientist to develop and validate new assays and instruments in close collaboration with our engineering team.
You will work actively in the laboratory, utilizing skills in both molecular biology and biochemistry, to create and evaluate new assays relevant to human health and disease. You will design experiments, analyze data, and work with the Research and Development team to apply your findings. You must love what you do and be willing to share that enthusiasm in a start-up environment.
The right candidate is personally driven, energetic, practical, self-motivated, and disciplined, with an active desire to propel a product onto the market.
- PhD in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or related discipline with 2-4 years of relevant experience.
- Understanding of clinical chemistry and diagnostics, including immunoassays, nucleotide assays, and other diagnostic tests used in clinical laboratories.
- Essential skills include DNA/RNA extraction, Southern/Northern blot, protein purification, western blot, ELISA, PCR, QPCR, transfection, siRNA, DNA microarray, flow cytometry, immunohistochemistry, immunofluorescence, EMSA, and related. Other in vivo/in vitro assay experience a plus.
- Experience with handling of primary human tissues and fluids.
- Experience with protein, RNA and DNA purification and preparation.
- Ability to design experiments, analyze data and work effectively in a team setting.
- Ability to effectively manage and direct one or more research associates.
- Desktop computer skills including MS Word, MS Excel.
- Previous experience in diagnostic assay research, validation, and a working knowledge of statistics is desirable.
- Well-versed in information examination of science, chemistry and sources.
- Current knowledge of assays and up-to-date analytical methods.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced start-up environment on multiple projects within milestone-driven timelines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
To be considered for the position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the subject line Chemist / Molecular Biologist in your email.